Mercury Marine’s new 115 Pro XS FourStroke – Performance Redefined
It’s simple – Mercury’s new 115 Pro XS FourStroke outboard delivers significantly better performance than any other 115hp outboard on the market today.
With the design based on the popular and proven Mercury 115 FourStroke, the new 115 Pro XS is 4% lighter than its nearest competitor. At the same time, the new engine’s 2.1L displacement is one of the highest in its class. It’s an unbeatable combination that delivers greater torque and performance.
This engine also has outstanding durability with the 115 Pro XS being tested mercilessly to ensure reliability; enduring log strikes, saltwater spray booths, high humidity chambers and thousands of hours of running time.
ABT will be fitting one of the new 115hp Pro XS motors to the prize boat that will be given away in early December at the ABT BREAM Grand Final
In addition, the new 115 Pro XS offers a range of exclusive options:
- Charging System – an automatic system monitor’s battery voltage and if it falls then the engine’s idling level is increased in 25rpm steps up to 800rpm and stays there until voltage returns to normal.
- A 25-inch (63 cm) shaft is available in addition to the standard 20-inch (50cm) shaft which makes this engine an ideal option to power or repower a wide range of boats, particularly 5 – 6 metre aluminum and fiberglass boats.
- The addition of a Command Thrust gearcase makes the new 115 Pro XS compatible with Mercury’s larger-diameter propellers, which will help the engine lift heavy boats onto the plane easier and hold them there at lower speeds.
Mercury’s Pro XS outboards have a hard-earned a reputation for superior hole shot, top end speed and durability, and the new 115hp Pro XS fits right in.
- Fastest top speed: Up to 8 km/h faster than its nearest competitor. The 115 Pro XS FourStroke’s higher rpm range delivers improved performance out of an already powerful engine.
- Quickest acceleration: Tests prove the 115hp Pro XS has better acceleration*.
- Idle Charge: This new feature provides up to 48% more battery charging at idle speed to support the greater power demands of today’s sophisticated marine electronics and accessories. What’s more, it means people can safely stay for longer out on the water.
- Higher full-throttle rpm: Increasing engine rpm from 6000 to 6300 allows prop pitch to be reduced resulting in maximum performance benefits.
The motor also boasts superior protection against corrosion and the elements thanks to Mercury’s industry-leading ultra-low copper content alloys, and comes as standard with Mercury’s industry-leading 3+2=5 warranty that’s factory backed and fully transferable.