ABT goes online!
This year, we changed our membership and entry forms from the old system of anglers having to fax them through. To a more user friendly online form that you can fill out either on your desktop, mobile or tablet. We made this change for a number of reasons, it’s much easier for you, our anglers as it saves you the hassle of having to fax through an entry form. It’s also much easier on the admin side for us. When you fill out the form and pay your fee, it spits out all the info we need on our end to make compiling entry lists so much easier and more efficient.
Here’s a few tips to keep in mind when looking to renew or join a membership with ABT, or when you’re looking to enter your next tournament.
- Make sure you finalise payment
It may sound obvious, but you do need to actually pay to play when it comes down to it. You can complete your form without actually confirming payment, which means you are technically not entered into the tournament. So when filling out an entry form, make sure to finalise payment before closing the window on your browser.
- You need to be a member before you enter
To enter an ABT tournament, you must be a current member of ABT. You can renew or join ABT online now as well. Remember your membership is valid until the 31st of January in the year after you joined. So if you join in June of 2016, your membership is valid until the 31st Jan 2017. It’s a lot of admin work to keep track of memberships if they were valid for 12 months from time of payment. So instead, all memberships are void as of the 31st of January in the new year. So enter early to maximise your value.
Now that you have that in mind. Here’s the process to enter:
- Head to abt.org.au
- Hover your curser over the ‘Forms’ tab on the top menu bar, you will see a drop-down menu appear where you will be able to select BREAM Forms, BASS Pro Forms or BARRA Forms
- Select the tournament series you wish to enter for
- If you wish to do a guaranteed entry, you will need all the details for both the boater and the non-boater to be on the one form and paid together at the same time. You cannot enter separately and pair the entries together to form guaranteed entry. Make sure you have organised to receive payment from the other party for their share of the entry fee as you will be paying for the total cost of a guaranteed entry.
- Finalise your payment before closing the window on your browser to make sure the entry finalises in the system and pairs your money with your completed form.
- If you followed these steps, you’re now entered to fish your chosen tournament. We look forward to seeing you there!