- The Overall BARRA Team of the Year (TOY) is the most prestigious award a BARRA team can achieve. It rewards the team who are the most consistent throughout the qualifying rounds, with points per round allocated according to placing. The first placed team in each event receives 100 points, and each place below that receives one less point.
- Teams do not need to catch a fish to receive TOY points, however, they do need to fish both days in an event to score. This rewards teams who have made the effort to attend and fish events to the best of their ability.
- Teams catching no fish for a tournament will receive 10 TOY points less than the last placed fish catching team.
- Teams receive one bonus point per fish caught in their limit for each session. Eg. Catching a full five barra limit in one session results in 5 bonus points, for a two day event this could mean up to 10 bonus points for the team.
- A team is the same two anglers fishing each event. Swapping anglers between events will constitute a new team.
- Ties will be settled by countback. The team with the largest and subsequent largest bag will gain the higher place, otherwise the first team to reach their score gains the higher place.
- At the end of the Rounds, TOY points are tallied and the BARRA Team of the Year is determined. A team’s best five events will count towards their Overall TOY Calculations.
- The TOY from the previous year gets to start first in the first event of the series.
2022 BARRA Team of the Year Rankings
current as 11 November 2022
|Rank||Angler||Total Points||Blue Rock||Glenmaggie|